Are you a geek? Don’t worry if you are, because it’s not a mark of shame, but more one of respect. People who love technology are geeks, and come Friday, May 25, they can wear that pride on their sleeve, as it is Geek Pride Day.
It’s also Towel Day, a day recognised for the late Douglas Adams, writer of the fame Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, both the radio show and the books that later followed, giving geeks two things to celebrate: brilliant sci-fi comedy and all-round geekiness.
To help chime in with the geekiness, Pickr has teamed up with WD to give you the chance to win something deserving for geeks with pride: backup drives.
We’re pretty big on telling people to backup, and geeks who love their computers, their phones, their tablets and such should have a solid drive to rely on.
That’s why WD and Pickr are giving away three drives, including one 256GB WD My Passport SSD, one 1TB WD My Passport Ultra, and one 32GB SanDisk Wireless Flash drive. That’s plenty of storage going out to some lucky geeks, and to win, you just have to tell us something.
To go in the draw for our Geek Pride Day giveaway, we want to know in 25 words or less…
What is the geekiest thing you’ve ever done?
We won’t tell, but we will judge, because the geekiest things as judged by our tech-obsessed judges (and they’ve been using technology for as long as they’ve been alive) will win. You have until a minute before midnight on June 8, so dig into those memory banks and wow us with your geekdom.
This competition is now closed.
Terms and conditions:
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. To enter the WD Geek Pride competition, visit pickr.com.au, click on the competition link, and answer the 25 words or less caption question. Eligible participants are required to provide their name, email address, answer, and post code to complete their entry.
2. You can enter this competition as many times as you like, even on the one email address.
3. Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia, but to be eligible to win the prize, the email address submitted with your entry must be actively subscribed to the Pickr newsletter at the time of judging. If it is not, it will be added to the Pickr newsletter mailing list.
4. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
5. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining winners.
6. All entries are submitted through a form on the pickr.com.au website. The promoter will not be held responsible for any late or lost entries.
7. No employees, relatives or associates of either WD, Pickr, or Publishr Pty Ltd can enter the competition.
8. Judging for the competition will take place on June 9, 2018 (09/06/2018), online through the Pickr website where the entries are held.
9. The winners shall be notified by email.
10. Prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and is correct at the time of printing. All prize values are in Australian dollars.
11. The promoter shall not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
12. The competition commences May 23, 2018 (23/05/2018) and concludes at 11.59PM (Sydney time) on June 8, 2018 (08/06/2018). All entries become the property of the promoter and may be shared with the prize supplier.
13. Once notified by email of their win, prize winner will have one (1) month from the dispatch of notification email to supply their contact details. If there no response is provided, the prize will be forfeited.
14. There are three (3) prizes to be won in first, second, and third place. First prize consists of one (1) 256GB WD My Passport SSD valued at $189. Second prize consists of one (1) 1TB WD My Passport Ultra valued at $99. Third prize consists of one (1) 32GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick valued at $52. With three (3) prizes on offer, the total prize pool is valued at $340.
15. The promoter of this competition is Publishr Pty Ltd, ABN 39624227256.