Summer can mean different things to many people. For some, it’s the start of the holiday season, especially here in Australia. To others, it’s a time to reinvent yourself, often with something new for yourself.
New things for yourself can be small like a new haircut, or big like a new wardrobe and style. It can even be something like a new phone, because it’s something to make you feel good about yourself, hitting restart on that old phone and kick in the holidays with something brand new to make yourself feel awesome again.
As we head into the holidays, Huawei has given Pickr a Huawei Nova 3i to give away, as well as a pair of Huawei’s FreeBuds wireless earphones. We have one of each, and we’re going to give them away together as a prize to help someone start their holidays right.
Imagine starting the summer break with a new full-view phone, complete with two cameras on the back, two cameras on the front, and a pair of earphones that’ll keep you listening to your tunes without any wires factored in. That’s what we’re giving away in this competition to one lucky winner.
To go in the draw, we’re looking to get you in the holiday spirit with a simple 25 words or less question:
What’s your funniest example of re-gifting?
A few years ago, Pickr’s editor was re-gifted a bottle of alcohol from a grandparent that had already been half drunk. We’ve seen playing cards re-gifted, old expired toffee, and a coupon. Seriously, a coupon.
We want to hear your funniest re-gifting stories, whether they happened to you or a friend. Did you re-gift? Did they re-gift? Were you on the receiving end of someone else’s re-gift? Tell us all about the re-gifting.
Our small panel of judges will determine the best answer on December 8, and let the winner know ASAP, so we can get that prize out before the holidays and let the new phone, new you feeling kick into full gear.
This competition has now closed.
Terms and conditions:
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. To enter Pickr’s Huawei Nova 3i competition, visit pickr.com.au, click on the competition link, and answer the 25 words or less caption question. Eligible participants are required to provide their name, email address, answer, and post code to complete their entry. Optional feedback about the website can be provided, but it will not be factored into the judging process.
2. You can enter this competition as many times as you like, even on the one email address.
3. Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia, but to be eligible to win the prize, the email address submitted with your entry must be actively subscribed to the Pickr newsletter at the time of judging. If it is not, it will be added to the Pickr newsletter mailing list.
4. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
5. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining winners.
6. All entries are submitted through a form on the pickr.com.au website. The promoter will not be held responsible for any late or lost entries.
7. No employees, relatives or associates of either Huawei, Pickr, or Publishr Pty Ltd can enter the competition.
8. Judging for the competition will take place on December 8, 2018 (08/12/2018), online through the Pickr website where the entries are held.
9. The winner shall be notified by email.
10. Prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and is correct at the time of printing. All prize values are in Australian dollars.
11. The promoter shall not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
12. The competition commences November 4, 2018 (04/11/2018) and concludes at 11.59PM (Sydney time, AEST) on December 7, 2018 (07/12/2018). All entries become the property of the promoter and may be shared with the prize supplier.
13. Once notified by email of their win, prize winner will have one (1) month from the dispatch of notification email to supply their contact details. If there no response is provided, the prize will be forfeited.
14. There is one (1) prize to be won, consisting of one (1) Huawei Nova 3i smartphone handset valued at $599, and one (1) pair of Huawei FreeBuds valued at $199. Together, the total prize pool is valued at $798.
15. The promoter of this competition is Publishr Pty Ltd, ABN 39624227256.